Wednesday, 17 July 2013

Power Of Prayer



Do You believe in God?
          So now let’s begin with it.
Just surf the internet & you would get the scores of articles on self-help & spiritualism. This is not kinda one! It’s actually to make you believe that how important the belief system of a human is. What do I write? What do I say? Okay, now everyday on social media, my friends post polls like ‘Do God exists?’ & such type of atheistic questions. Now it can have many answers.  For the believers, it’s the straight go-ahead but for the so-called rational minds (read: unbelievers), they find a reason in everything. And they are completely justified, you know. Argument is if you have not seen it how  would you ever believe it exists, it’s completely logical. But now there’s another side to it too. Like say, you don’t believe in spirits, only science, yet you are a believer somewhere down the heart. Even Stephen Hawking, ‘everything-happens-for-a-reason’ fanatic too didn’t in the Supreme Energy. This Supreme Energy is nothing but Almighty of course. So let me give an example of one of my friends of my hostel years, he was an atheist. I used to ask him about his spirituality & he would used to say “Believe in yourself, not the things you can’t see.” His statement had every bit of logic. Science has made us rational thinkers, and subsequently atheists. But I was not satisfied with his thoughts. Although the genius he was, he always crumbled at the crunch times, like he was a very good motivational speaker of college, but was year backer. He could not motivate himself to clear the semesters. Then there was another classmate who was an openly critical about the thing like God. He argued that he used to believe in a particular Goddess, always kept her miniature replica with him but one day he met with an accident even though he had that replica . From that day, he gave up his all his beliefs. Now that was not logical. What do you think of God? It’s not a wishing star or your body-guard. You don’t get what you want & you question His entire existence. I told that accident friend to think the positive side, like worse might would have happened that day, maybe permanent physical damage or even death. Because of that Goddess, you are still alive & sound. If I was at that place my belief would have been stronger, but he gave up his belief. It all depends on how you perceive things. God always tests you for your capabilities, checks your belief in Him, if you come out successful, He will reward you. So the situations of crisis & dilemma all are part of package from the divine test. Harder the exam, sweeter the result. And these exams are conducted by the ultimate examiner, so they are bound to test your patience, belief & your deep faith. Situations of despairs are created only to make you come out stronger from it. Once you pass them, rewards are all yours, and don’t forget it’s His rewards which are unparalleled. He wants you to test what you do at those pressure times, turn to Him, or turn away from Him. Whatever you choose then marks up your destiny. And He is just watching your every step, quietly & calmly, letting you do whatever you do, because in the end, He knows, you will return to Him for sure.
My Personal Experiences
I was also in such a dilemma couple of years ago. I mean like you know whether God exists or not I was very anxious about this. Actual reason for this was that I wanted to be successful in life. So I just used to think that something will help me to reach there. So I used to search mundane things like which religion is the richest, most lucky, most beautiful. Because I thought that if they have these things that mean God had favored them so just changing religion will make me what I want. But I didn’t get a satisfactory answer anywhere. Then I thought to become an atheist, because almost successful people were atheists then like Mark Zuckerburg, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates etc. So I thought to be one. They believed that work is their worship & so they were successful. It was good motivation because if you dedicate all your time to work you can be successful. So it was not a big deal. But my heart wanted a correct answer. Keeping all these rationalism & open-minded thoughts aside, I wanted a genuine answer. I knew no one is like 100% a complete atheist in this world. Even if they say so, they all somewhere deep down have that hidden faith, which they themselves are unaware of. So atheism was not an answer.
                 Atheist is a person who does not believe in God while agnostic is a person who has doubts over existence of God. And evil is a person who knows that God surely exists, still he denies and makes people deny. Now evil is somewhat negative & irrational too. Better be an atheist than an evil. But still whenever I found myself in a grave problem, I would automatically turn to Almighty, forgetting my atheistic ways. Then I began my soul-searching & although I used to pray, I wanted a deep connect with Almighty. Praying just like reciting repeated words while your heart is playing chess outside is completely worthless. Pray with heart. Feel what are you saying while praying. I read a lots of holy books;Quran, Gospel, Gita etc. I was very much amazed that they had to say same things just in different words. ‘God is One’, I was taught in my Value Education subject in my very first grade & how true it was I actually realized that time. Religion has nothing to do with it.So my answers were uncovering now. I prayed more. More and more. And then a tragedy struck my life. I was like mentally shattered by that. All despair everywhere.
                I felt same like that accident friend, you pray and pray & all you get is this! But I never lost hope. I still prayed to avert my disaster. My parents were on verge of divorce then. I & my sister were feeling all’s lost, because we were quite young then. I could not imagine this is my life. I prayed with my heart-ache all the time. Praying made me feel secured. Gave me hope that was far lost somewhere. I was beginning to experience faith now. This was the first instance I genuinely believed God. Time went, and I came to hostel. Here I was all alone with a bunch of guys always trying to ridicule & make fun of me. I used to feel like all alone, although this was not as big as my family problem, the one suffering from it would know. I was like so much upset then, I know this is part of everybody’s life, still could not cope peer(read: poor) pressures. A guy just for fun & to show his superiority ridiculed me in front of a group so badly that it shattered my personality. I cried all the time due to that and felt inferior. I cried & did what I do best: prayed. I still can recollect I was literally crying while praying because it was directly from open heart. That came major second instance of my belief. Then University Examinations, Oh How could I forget that. I didn’t studied in my examinations like always. And still the results. And the friends that admire me. Now my trust in prayer have crossed seven heavens. I genuinely believe in power of prayers because I had experienced it. How? See the first instance, my parents are united & happy as ever & I hope to stay them forever. That’s  what I asked Almighty & he gave. I still can’t help thanking him. Then second instance where I was ragged. The guy that made me feel low is now one of my admirers & he had been ridiculed thousands of time before me & I had saved him from that. Now he had just become a toy of joy for raggers. I didn’t wanted that revenge from him but I had to mention this to prove he got more than a tit for tat for doing that to me. All was done by itself. Then are the series of small instances which had made my belief go stronger each passing day. Ask for help genuinely, you get it. As I told you about my exams, my results are always satisfactory for me for the kind of negligible input I give to studies. But for others, it’s like a miracle that I pass year after year, as they hardly see me studying anytime. It maybe a miracle for them, but for me, it’s my belief that helps in everything. They say I own a superb fortune & I laugh on myself, who cursed self fortune during those early tragic days. And those countless numerous things can’t be even described.
 So for me it all began with a calamity. Supposedly, it was to test my faith & belief. The kind of catastrophe encountered could have made me go down wrong way but I didn’t go astray. I kept faith, just waited for the sun to shine again. And yes, it shone superbly. So don’t be worried by problems, have faith.
 It had opened various doors for me to believe in His existence. That was the day, and today is the day, which has transformed me from a restless atheist to a serious authentic believer. So this was my power of prayer that made wonders in my life. It was not an overnight matter, it was a complete journey. The source was not as ideal to start with but whatever the journey had been beautiful, full of emotions, a journey that everyone should look forward too. In the start the ways were bumpy & slippery, but soon at the crossroads, if you choose a correct path you will love this incredible journey. Journey of faith, journey of self-discovery, journey of prayer all in one. This ain’t over yet, I am yet to reach the destination. Ultimate destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You Very Much.
Greatly Obliged You Visited This Blog.
Please visit on a regular basis as it caters all your needs